Thursday, December 14, 2006

First day of training



Today was our first day back on the track. It has been a long time and several different tracks since we were last on Cesana and I was really looking forward to sliding it again and applying all the new tools I have learned. Each track has had its own personality and its own quirks. Altenberg was dealing with the stigma of the infamous track and keeping the light turned on for every moment of each run. Konigssee was a lot shorter and only one real problem area, however, to find the speed is a different story. La Plagne.... well that was a lesson in pressure and patience. So coming back to what is essentially my ’’first’’ track and by default my ’’home track’’, I was excited to apply everything. Both runs went real well, not 100% by far but I am now able to identify where I have gone wrong and partialy correct it or compensate for it. But all in all, for the first day, not bad. Tommarrow it is another training day as well as Saturday then Sunday we race.

The area is a lot more ski resortish now that they finally got their snow... make note of the pictures.

No comments: